The following upgrades have been added since July, 2010:
- Over $160,000 was spent in refinish, upgrades and new equipment since July of 2010. The partial list.
- New or rebuilt after July 2010
- Resurface bottom with new barrier coat and bottom coat. And all work recommended on Survey.
- Refinish entire topsides. AWL grip paint and 8 coats varnish on teak.
- New salon window glass. 1/4” tempered.
- All new top sides hatches – glass and gaskets.
- New Bimini, Dodger, and full enclosure around cockpit
- Full covers for all teak, and window covers, Bimini glass covers
- New 2011 15hp Suzuki 4 stroke, with spare prop.
- 10' RIB Dinghy
- New upholstery
- New Vhf in cockpit
- New Icon 802 SSB radio and antenna tuner.
- New Garmin 3206 gps, chart plotter
- New frig./ feezer combo. 12 v and 120v.
- New microwave
- New shower / washdown valve in cockpit. (hot and cold)
- New 205w solar panel and Morningstar MPP 20a charger/ comtroller.
- New davits
- FIVE new sails including Spinnaker. Made by Halsey UK.
- New 32” flat screen TV, DVD player.
- Realtalk internet antenna.
- New Hailer speaker on Mizzen mast.
- New sound system
- Refinished much of the inside.
- Rebuild all heads, new holding tank, new pump out pumps, and tons of other things.
- All new exterior mount chain plates. Through bolted to existing in hull SS grid supports. ($12k) - This is a MAJOR job, to eliminate the possible failure due to hot bending the originals.
- Freya has the new upgraded mast step. Another MAJOR job
- Did all recommended engine work (survey) and a lot more - Den Marine bill was $7800.
- Rebuilt starter and rebuilt the spare starter.
- Repaired and serviced all 3 air conditioners.
- Watermaker was removed and taken to factory for service.
- Rebuilt entire hydraulic system for Mast, Vang and Back stays.
- Converted the port side work station to a bunk, which still rises up and out of the way for deep freeze access and work station use.
- Added 4 extra house batteries, new Trace monitoring system.
- New sump bilge pump.
- New sink pump.
- New Max Air 220v scuba compressor.
- New 220v circuit to Generator for use at sea to run the Max Air.
- New low pressure diesel pump for future Dickenson bulked mount heater.
- Mast step is upgrade- not cast iron anymore.
New bottom: Remove old gel coat. 4 coats barrier coat and 3 coats of bottom paint.
Remove and service all sea cocks.
Electronics: Added Garmin 740s gps and radar with depth sounder. The old Furuno used a lot of power. This new one is minimal.
New Horizon VHF with AIS in it and programmable horns or the new hailer speaker.
New LED lights on the mast top, and many interior for LOW power consumption
9 new group 31 batteries this year and new link monitor
200 more watts of solar panels
Hawk eye depth sounder
Promatic 60 amp batt charger
Spare 10 amp charger
High water bilge alarm
Main engine: New hoses, new belt, new alternator, rebuilt injector pump and both starters (the spare too)
Westerbeke 12.5 gen set: New valve job, head gaskets, hoses and coolant tank.
New stbd head toilet with macerator.
New waste hoses
New galley and waste pumps
Recoat bright work. (varnish)
New covers for bright work.
Serviced the max prop.